Sunday, November 28, 2010

Today was just such a good day

I went to Common Ground this morning with Sar and during worship I was amazed not by the music but by two people in the very front. 

On the left  an old man walked in by himself. He had a beard, was wearing a suit, and held a cane the whole time. He loudly sang and shouted, "Hallelujah, Praise Jesus." When I am that old I want my faith to be alive and to be passionate even after 60 years of being a Christian.

On the right was a little red-haired 6-year-old boy hopping, rolling, and crawling around the floor while he was singing. He would clap, crawl up to the steps, roll back again. So entertaining. Yes, he was distracting but he was also totally engaged in what was going on. I don't want to ever lose a "child-like faith" no matter how grown up I am.

We were also joined by Taylor, Justin, Allison, and Sam- all Young Life kids that are now in college. I love that all four of them were wearing goodwill sweaters, that they embrace being hippies, and especially loved that Sam was sporting Nike slip-on sandals with his khakis. They are legit.

I met Molls for lunch- one of my favorite things. We talked about life and it broke my heart how many sad things are going on. A North Central high school boy died in a car crash Wednesday night, a teacher at my school just found out that the boy they thought they would be adopting in just a few weeks passed away, and lots of our friends are just really sad in life. I'm thankful for God shining through in the midst of all of that pain. I know that there are a lot of bad things happening but I also know and believe that are so many good things happening- we can't lose sight of that.

Sar's brother plays basketball for Ohio Wesleyan and we road-tripped to Depauw to watch his game today.  It made me reminisce about going to basketball games in High School and being a part of "the 6th Man" student section and cheering ridiculous chants and doing the Oracle beat.


My favorite part of the game, and all sporting events, may be the concession stand. Sar and I shared popcorn and a Diet Coke.


Most Depauw students weren't back from break yet so I missed Arielle and Coll but I got to see Chrissy Crowe! She is just so collegiate now and showed me her dorm room. It's cool to see her in this other part of her life and how she's making it into her home. It was great to be able to catch up in person when usually we're stuck with letters and texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment