Wednesday, March 7, 2018

"We're playing hot and cold. Start looking!"

This week I'm really excited about...

Hearing from friends and family who have gotten their wedding invites in the mail. I was so excited to get them all out in the mail because it makes everything feel that much more real. 

In true Glennon Doyle style, we had a 1 day Love Flash Mob. The idea is simple: ask people to rally around a single cause and no one can donate more than $20. "Small things with great love." We did this once before to raise money for KCraig when she was building a library in Lebu. Today we raised money for Washburn and her mission trip to Guatemala this summer. In just one day, WL girls raised $133 for Wash's trip. 

I've been on the "less stuff" campaign for nearly two years now, trying to get rid of one thing every single day whether I'm donating it, trashing it or giving it to someone who will love it. Maddie had to come up with her next Passion Project for her Innovations class and I got her to jump on the band wagon with me. I'm such a fan of this lifestyle because it is a constant reminder of how much stuff doesn't really matter, that "outer order brings inner calm", and that I don't actually need everything I may want

Rob and Kristen Bell co-wrote "The ZimZum of Love" about marriage two years ago and I'm loving it. It talks about relationships in a new way that's relatable and simple and eye-opening. 

Chipotle kids meals. Honestly, they're just so great. I get a kids chicken quesadilla, rice and beans, chips and quac-- the perfect amount of food and it's so cheap. 

The best part of WL tonight-- before we even officially started, I told all the kids gathered that I had extra Bibles from the Lock In if they didn't have their own Bible. A mob of kids rushed over, eager to have their own bible and I gave away the last 16 copies. Then during our small group time, instead of reading verses from the page, girls looked up all of the verses in their Bible and underlined or marked them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment