Thursday, October 11, 2018

It's been awhile...

A record-breaking number of HSE YL and WL leaders attended the Raceway Region YL Summit in Southern Indiana. It was incredible to see these HS leaders get motivated and inspired about growing in community, leading Junior High kids and seeking Jesus. 



Maddie, my newest cadet teacher, is now with me full time. She shows up each afternoon to hang out with 6th period 7th graders and 7th period 8th graders.


The annual 7th grade Camp Tecumseh Field Trip was a hit. We spent the first week of October at camp with a crew of parents, teachers, HS counselors and hundreds of 7th graders.





We celebrated another year of ministry at our HSE Young Life Banquet. This year's theme "Writing God's love on the hearts of our kids" showcased art from students and reminded us of all that God is doing. It is a privilege to be on teacher staff for Wyld Life and to get to serve with leaders and show up in the lives of kids here.


Justin and I got to spend the weekend with Smooney when she came to town and have a trial run for when she lives with us this winter. She's one of the greatest friends of my life and I can't wait till she's here for six whole weeks.


Wyld Life continues to be the most wild thing I'm part of and grows week after week.


I'm so encouraged by how adult leaders are showing up to mentor our army of HS leaders, how the HS leaders are getting to know kids on their team, and how WL kids know that this is a safe place to belong and grow and have fun.


I'm so thankful that I get to spend time with Meric, Wash, Maddie, Grace, Olivia, Mayson and Hannah all year through this ministry. They're some of the best people I know and I think they should be so proud of who they're becoming.


I finally got to one of the HS girls volleyball games to cheer them on. I've watched JP play since she was a 7th grader and I didn't want to miss the chance to see her in her Senior season. I have so much respect for her commitment, determination and heart for the game and her teammates.


No comments:

Post a Comment