Monday, July 19, 2010

Who needs time off?

For many weeks I've been setting live traps and putting fresh apples in them. It's normal for girls to come running into the Longhouse at night screaming, "RACCOON!"
Today we caught one.
May he rest in peace.



Our newest fashion trend is hat sleeves. Pretty self-explanatory, we rip sleeves off of shirts and wear them as hats.
The girls on the bench are some of the most kind and fun and enthusiastic campers I've had all summer.
The 4 of us on the ground have been living in Theta Kappa Lambda (sis koom bah) all summer. I love this summer family.



I love this girl. Her name is Kiersten. This morning at breakfast she ran over to me and said, "When I get home, I'm going to name my dog Sarah Wright so that I'll never forget you."



Along with the 30 CILT girls in the Longhouse I work with 12 CILT boys every session. These young men are a treat.



There are few views more beautiful then the lake road. Something is just magical about seeing the sun shine through these trees.



At opening campfire I wore this posterboard around my neck and campers and counselors completed the sentence, "I Love Camp Because..."


I have only 4 full days left with the CILTs. Even after spending 6 days with them I don't feel like I've had enough time here. Tonight I had my night off but as soon as we finished dinner my friend and co-counselor Shelby and I couldn't wait to get back here. We missed our campers and this place after only a couple hours.

Back in River Village we found our 42 campers on the Longhouse porch playing Psychiatrist and then I'm a Tree and we had to join in. In 20 minutes we'll go back to do devotions with them. I'm thankful that I have a job that I don't want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment