Thursday, July 22, 2010

Love Tank

I believe that God is Love. I believe that Love Wins. I believe that we must be intentional about loving others.

One of the ways we're working on making that happen is by having this Love Tank.



On the first night of the Session every girl in the Longhouse wrote her name on one of these bags and all together they make this tank. Then during their two weeks here we write notes of encouragement, admiration, and... basically lots of love.

It has been so cool to see these girls writing notes during rest hour and at night to fill up other people's tanks. Then I get to see them peek into their own bag later and joy spreads over their face as they pull out a note someone else wrote to them.

As a community of believers and friends I love that we have taken up this practice of spurring one another on to be the very best versions of ourselves. A couple sentences of marker on a piece of construction paper can be powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment