Monday, December 11, 2017

"Yesterday I found a pair of my matching American Girl doll earrings and I put them in. I just realized I didn't take them out and I've been walking around the HS with dangling star earrings on all day!" Love Tanks

We have a handful of HSE Young Life traditions that we've cultivated over the years, but love tanks is one of my favorites. At the end of each semester, we spend our last night of Campaigners writing notes to kids and leaders about why they're important, valued, loved and appreciated. 


This simple act of love is something that kids are pumped about. They look forward to it for weeks, start writing their notes in advance and make sure that their friends come with them. 


Without fail, Love Tanks night is always the biggest crowd of the whole year. People want to be loved and embrace the opportunity to love others. Tonight as I walked down the row of bags and looked at the names, there were so many that I didn't recognize. Our YL family has grown to the point where I don't know every person AND where new people are showing up each and every week. There is something exciting happening in this space that these HS students want to be part of. 


Tonight I'm thankful for intentional time to build people up. I love these kids-- the Wyld Life leaders I work alongside, the YL leaders I get to partner with, and the girls who have become like little sisters and friends to me. So many of my favorite humans are in my life because of Young Life. Tonight I got to remind them of how their loved, that I believe in them and that God has great plans for their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment