Saturday, December 30, 2017

December Varsity FBC Project: Christmas Surprise

Varsity FBC is in year four of advanced friendship bracelet making. Our team includes 56 girls from around HSE and across the Midwest. Besides just making cool bracelets, one of our goals is to provide opportunities for these girls to partner together to do small things with great love. Each month I'm going to give them a project where they can make bracelets for a cause. Together we can make a bigger impact than if we were trying to do it on our own.

In the spirit of the holidays, I invited the Varsity girls to think about surprising a loved one with a bracelet this Christmas. They could tie the bracelet to the Christmas tree, hide it in a stocking or wrap it up. I loved hearing the stories of the girls who gave away Christmas bracelets. 

Cassidy: I gave a bracelet to my friend Katelyn because she did Dressember with me to raise awareness about human trafficking. On Christmas I put friendship bracelets in the stocking of all of my family members. 


Carolyn: Alana and I got really close during Volleyball this season and she is one of my favorite human beings. I tied the bracelet to a gift bag with her favorite popcorn. She didn't see that I put a bracelet on the bag until I told her. She was so excited!


Rose: I made one for my sister's friend Jordan. I always love being around her and wanted her to know that I think she's so much fun.

Reagan: I gave a bracelet to my friend Lauren after we finished finals and I told her I was so proud of her. The day before finals my friend Emma was stressing out. I told her how smart she is and how she is the kind of person who never gives up, even when it's hard.


Brooke and Sarah: We conspired together to surprise Bailey with a Varsity t-shirt and invitation to join Varsity FBC on Christmas morning. Brookie wrapped up the t-shirt and put it under the tree with a note that said it was from Santa's elves. Bailey was shocked and so excited when she pulled it out.


Holden: I gave my little cousin Madison a bracelet at Christmas!


Kendall: I gave a bracelet to my new friend Jayden from Tennis. We've been playing together in classes for the last weeks and we always have fun together. She loved the bracelet and it made her day.


No comments:

Post a Comment