Sunday, August 19, 2018

"I have my first gray hair. I got it because of my dog."

Overlap started years ago because I wanted to write about the people my life overlapped with. This weekend was my first full weekend back in Indy and I got to spend time with so many of the most wonderful people. 

Friday right after school I got to hang out with my friends Rachel and Emily and their babies. I'm so thankful we live close by and want to take advantage of the proximity to hang out more often. 


Saturday mornings first stop was cross country-- the greatest sport ever. I came with Young Life girls to share on our friends Brooke and Fudge and Marni and Ellie and Lulu and Claire and Caroline and Maggie and the rest of the team. Their first meet was the Hokum Karem-- a two person relay with 1 mile laps where each person runs a total of 3 miles and they want the fastest time for their combined 6 miles. It's awesome and so much fun to watch.

Next our girl gang hit up the Fisher's Farmer's Market. It was my first time and I was so excited for a Walking Waffle and to find some fresh flowers to take home. Our group also collected blueberry crumble, sweet corn, acia bowls and egg rolls. We ran into so many familiar faces and got to hang out with Johnna for awhile.



Justin and I lived this weekend well-- more organizing of the house and garage (while simultaneously filling boxes for Goodwill), a date at the site of our very first date (which was just over two years ago), running, going to Bethlehem United Methodist Church for the first time, grocery shopping and making sushi. I'm so thankful for this guy.


Here's to loving the weekend and having a week that you can't wait to jump into.

No comments:

Post a Comment