Friday, August 10, 2018

The Blog Is Back

Summer is over and big things are happening my friends. 

First-- the BLOG IS BACK! After basically taking a summer hiatus (because tents don't come with wifi... neither do rafts... or mountains... or horses) I'm returning to regular posting. 

Sunday Justin and I, along with a small army of family and friends and YL girls, finally moved into our new house! We've been anticipating this day since last winter and are thrilled to finally be living here.




I'm back at school with three periods of 8th grade English and three periods of 7th grade Comp and a new last name. Mallory is the queen of painting and made me a new door sign over the summer so all the kids can find my room easily.


The letter board is back! Get ready for the return of messages on your Insta Story feed every school day. My friend Rose showed up with the best gift on the first day of school-- The Bucket List book for Justin and I since we just spent a whole summer adventuring. She is so thoughtful and quite the adventurer herself.


Over the summer big things happened for HSE Young Life. Ryan stepped away and our committee hired Ian Faulkner as our new Area Director. He and I met for the first time Tuesday and then there was a YL Staff Welcome Dinner for him and Jamie (Carmel's new Area Director) on Wednesday night.


Thursday night after school the Wilderness girls got together for dinner at Perkins so we could see Mack at work. I love their heart in being authentic friends this year-- "It's not a reunion, it's just friends hanging out."


Maddie and I are going to read Annie Downs' book 100 Days to Brave with our Wyld Life Cabin this year. The plan is to read 1 day of the devotional on every school day so we'll finish on the 100th day of school. This morning we met before school to read today's chapter and talk about the start of the school year. We really love these girls and can't wait till Maddie is here every day for cadet teaching.



No comments:

Post a Comment