Monday, August 13, 2018

More proof that Mondays are actually the best

High of the Day: Cass, alumni cadet teacher extraordinaire, showed up at school this morning with an extra vanilla latte for me. I sure am going to miss having her here with me every single day. 


High of the Day: Picnic in the park. Cass leaves for Ball State on Wednesday and we wanted to have one last adventure. We gathered friends at Geist Park, brought pizza and fruit, spread out a quilt and hung up hammocks. If you know Cass at all, you know this setting is her very favorite thing. Her story is one of my favorites and she has had such a positive impact on all of us. She'll be so missed.




High of the Day: Hugs and reunions. As leaders showed up early and then kids rolled in, I was so happy to see all of these people I've missed all summer. I screamed when I saw Johnna and then nearly cried when KCraig jumped out of her car. These are some of the best humans I know. It's a privilege to call them my friends.


High of the Day: Campaigners is back. The start of school year is a return to routine and Campaigners on Monday nights is one of my favorite rhythms to the week. Ryan left HSE YL this summer and he will be so missed-- but the good news is that new people are stepping up the plate and using their gifts and talents. Ian is our new Area Director and I'm pumped to have him leading this team. Tonight Cooper and six girls led us in worship and it was so, so good.


Brooke Wyatt shared her testimony tonight and let us all see how God has been at work in her life. She told us, "I didn't know when I was younger that I could turn to Christ. But Sophomore year I started realizing that He really was with me. I recently went to Clearwater Cove and it was at camp that I accepted Christ into my life. I loved camp this year not just because of my friends but because of how much more I got to know God. I'm walking with Him now and it's the best feeling. I'm seeing things with a new perspective."



High of the Day: Small Group with my girls. At the end of the day, Young Life is all about relationships. There were over 100 people there tonight, but hopefully every kid had a handful of friends that they got to connect with and a leader who is right there with them. Even though there are so many people who love YL we want it to still feel small and personal.
We all squeezed onto a trailer out side tonight and caught up. We had alumni Cass and Kegley, Seniors Gidget and Meric, and a whole slew of Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen. We're all about new friends and learning from each other and growing together. This is the dream.

 "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment