Sunday, April 8, 2018

"Is the big mountain soon?" Running With Raccoons 2018

Today was my second run at Tecumseh's 3rd Annual Running With Raccoons 5K. I love the Spring tradition this event has become and that I get to see such a diverse collection of camp friends. Molly and I drove up from Indy together and quickly found camper, counselor and staff friends. Smelko even made her debut performance this year!


I was so happy to see girls like Jillian and Claire. They couldn't stop talking about how excited they are to do CILTs this coming summer and Claire and I are going on Trippers together!


If you were one of the top runners overall you got a special Jordan Seeger Gift Certificate at the Trading Post. But everyone got to run the 3.2 mile course, the joy of cheerleaders all along the course and a wooden 5K medal when they crossed the finish line.


The best part of course was getting to just be with camp friends at Tecumseh for the afternoon. Oh, and the Mitchell's food truck-- that was really good too.


p.s. Our house now has all of it's shingles and framing under the roof-- we could basically move in tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment