Saturday, November 18, 2017

"I never want to completely figure you out. You'll change and grow and evolve and get better. I'm in it for the journey."

Thank goodness for the weekend. Don't you love the excitement and potential that inevitably comes with Friday afternoon? The next three days are yours and anything can happen. 

This Saturday I was so lucky to get to hang out with Hannah and Erin who were in town for a soccer tournament. I've known these girls from Tecumseh for years and I couldn't have been more excited or more thankful to see them. 


Saturday morning WL and YL leaders gathered for Upper Room, our monthly time together as leaders to grow and pray and be together. I think it's so valuable when we make the effort to be here together and unite as a team.


Saturday night Wyld Life went Denim for Club. I get so excited to hang out with the kids from the Clubhouse. These girls are some of the greats and I love getting to laugh and play and talk with them at Wyld Life.



I'm beyond thankful for adult leaders like Johnna and Megan who are committed to Jesus and committed to loving these kids. We couldn't do this without them.


At the same time, I'm so grateful for our HS leaders. Tonight I was talking to Kegley about the culture of this year's leaders. These Juniors and Seniors are kid focused and here because they're really growing friendships with one another, with these Junior High kids and their adult leader. This life of sacrifice and faith is life giving and they want more of it. I'm beyond proud of them and thankful for the creativity, energy and heart they bring to the table.



The boys showed up in full force Saturday night-- girls are always ready for a picture, but it took Max gathering everyone together to make this shot happen.


I love the community and family we've developed here. It changes every year to a degree, but it's always focused on the same things. I love these people.


 We amped up the chaos tonight with Human Ladder, 200 Clothespins and a Tennis Ball Relay.



We invited 8 kids to be part of an epic Lip Sync battle and they brought their all. These kids are hilarious and goofy and just so much fun. 


Johnna delivered the Club Talk and pointed us back to Jesus at the end of the night. "Jesus doesn't care about your condition. He wants to come to you no matter how you are. He loves us even when we're a mess. Then he comes to us and transforms our life immediately."


No comments:

Post a Comment