Monday, November 6, 2017

"Now I know if you pursue God, you'll see how he's been pursuing you."

This is Alex. She's awesome. This weekend, we get to go on the Grace Church Girl's Retreat (that her mom is running) with a whole cabin of YL girls. We're pumped. This weekend totally has Alex's name written all over it. 


Every Monday night I'm thankful for our Young Life community. Going into our 6th year, I'm still so aware that I'm part of something really special. I write about Young Life often, but I love when kids articulate their faith and their view of Young Life.

I used to think that I wasn't good enough for God, but now I know that anyone is good enough for Him. 

I used to think that the Bible was a rule book to get in to Heaven, now I know that the Bible is a tool box for your spiritual journey.

I used to think that God didn't see me, but now I know that He's right beside me every step of the way. 

I used to think that God wasn't answering my prayers, but now I know He is using situations to strengthen my faith. 

I used to think that God was optional, but now I know he needs to be the number one priority in my life. 

I used to think that a relationship with God was unattainable, that it was only for "special" people and that I'd never be able to have one. Now I know that God is for everyone and if you pursue Him, you'll see how he's been pursuing you. 


Young Life is for everyone no matter what. Race, social class, even religion doesn't matter at the barn. 

Young Life is for everybody. If Jesus can love everyone, so can we. 

Young Life is for students across all spectrums looking for answers and community. 

Young Life is for every single person on the planet. 

Young Life is for the person who feels like they don't belong anywhere else.



God has been teaching me that I don't need to worry about my future and major events in my life because all of my days were written in His book before I came into the world. 

God has been teaching me to love everyone and show kindness to all because we won't know if that was the only act of love that person had that day. 

God has been teaching me to appreciate the present. 

God has been teaching me that there is good in everyone and it may take time to find it. 

God has been teaching me that comfort isn't key. It takes change and new situations to grow in faith and life. 

God has been teaching me to be patient with the unknowns. 

God has been teaching me to focus on Him instead of getting caught up in trying to do things by myself. 

God has been teaching me to be patient with life and to look at the bigger picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment