Monday, November 20, 2017

"She's pursuing the Lord. It's rad."

Sometimes things surprisingly work out for the better...

This morning when I got to school the internet didn't work in my classroom, so we got creative and did some things we weren't expecting to work on until 5th period when it started again. 

I was trying to get through my to-do list that required the use of the internet in the afternoon, and Cass showed up and surprised me with my favorite vanilla latte which gave me the boost I needed. 

Tonight we didn't have a musician to play songs at the start of Campaigners, so we had a dance party instead. 

We didn't have any one to "officially" lead us into the lesson, so Brenda Bowman stepped up and spoke about "rejoicing in all circumstances," reminded us that, "the Bible is THE TRUTH and if you want to hear God's VOICE then you need to look in the Bible because it's like opening God's MOUTH."


The girls I get together with during small groups are too numerous to meet in most spaces and the gym is too loud, so we started meeting in the garage instead and it's my favorite spot now. 

Usually people "expect" to be with everyone in their grade during small groups, but tonight we talked with some freshmen, juniors, a senior and three college freshmen and it was so good.  


p.s. Today's advice to myself. Maybe you need to be reminded of this today.


No comments:

Post a Comment