Sunday, November 12, 2017

"Let the King of my heart be the wind in my sails, the anchor in the waves, oh he is my song." Grace Retreat 2017

First, KCraig and I were teachers together. 
Next, we were teachers and YL leaders together. 
Then, I was a teacher doing YL and she was on YL staff. 
Now, I'm still a teacher doing YL staff and she works for Grace Church. 
But through it all, we're good at figuring out how to do all of this together. 

This weekend KCraig invited me to bring a cabin of YL girls on the Grace Fall Retreat for Girls at Camp Tecumseh. 


Somehow we would up with this dynamic, joyful, quirky group of girls who represent all four grades and collectively are so much fun. We didn't all know each other well when we got on the bus Saturday morning, but by the time we returned home on Sunday afternoon we were all so much closer. 


KCraig taught during all of the sessions this weekend and killed it. This woman is a phenomenal speaker and teacher and I'm always learning new things from her. This weekend we talked about Saul's story, about spiritual numbness v. truly feeling and living, God bringing something beautiful from brokenness and the Japanese art of kintsugi. I so needed her words this weekend.

The music was incredible too and I can't stop listening to You Have My Surrender and King of my Heart on repeat.


During free time we made Cassidy's dream come true and hiked along the river to the Gish.


We noticed deer tracks, signs of the beavers, green leaves from the jungle, orange vines, giant rocks, forgotten crocs and more.



I'm so thankful for a weekend with Alex,


Olivia King,


Gidget,


Sophie,


Claire,


Caroline,


Mack,


Lauren,


and Cassidy.


We took a different way home and got to do some horse whispering   screaming.



It was a weekend of together-- eating together, laughing together, singing together, praying holding hands together, taking notes together, sitting in a circle talking together, taking communion together and dancing together. It was all the best things.




So incredibly thankful for my friendship with KCraig-- this woman who is all kinds of ridiculous, wise, hilarious, compassionate, knowledgeable and in it with me. She's the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment