Thursday, June 23, 2011

"I have a dream.... Taco Night, every night."

I got to go shadow Day Camp this week with the CILTs. I love getting to see my old campers in action and getting to play with 5-year-olds for a day.


5-year-olds are really funny and they wear lots of silly bands and they tell funny stories and they like chasing bubbles and playing the color game in the pool.


We decided to make it NEON-BRIGHT-COLOR-DAY (you have to say it really loud) and it was so fun. I finally feel better and campers keep saying, "Sarah, you're like really loud... and fun..." and I'm glad that they're finally seeing the real me.


This is just fun.


 We really like group pics with friends and bright colors and headbands made from pot-holder loops.


And just when we thought NEON-BRIGHT-COLOR-DAY was real fun... Wolf shirt Wednesday happened.


Wolf shirts are in high demand. We are the five girl wolf pack. When you see other wolf packers you say "WOLF PACK WEDNESDAY!" and make the wolf hand motion and howl. Arielle and I went to the Wolves' Den too. It was epic. Wolf shirt Wednesday will be a weekly tradition. Feel free to participate.


This group of girls has started singing songs from The Little Mermaid from the CILT porch after lunch. Everyone else in River is walking back to the cabins and they think these girls are real fun. I think they're real fun too.


After lunch we got to play Pirates of Tecumseh for the first time EVER. I was on Black Attack and talked in my British pirate accent and gave everyone pirate names. Our boat was led by pirates Squirrel Tail, Warrior Stripes, Geometry, Supa Fly, and Hammer. We got our gold from winning leap frog races but failed the overall battle.




I love seeing Brunner Runner Runner all over camp all day long. It was fun the past two years when she was on DC staff but now I get to see her all the time and it's so much better.


Tonight my friend asked me what my favorite thing about camp was. It's hard to narrow it down, but one of my very favorite things is seeing old campers that I remember from past summers. Sam and Zur are Warriors this year and I love when I get to cross paths with them. They're so sweet and they love camp so much.


This is Mc's last week at camp so we're taking a lot of opportunities for pictures together, like a whole summer's worth in two weeks.


This is who I spend almost all of my time with. Team CILT is real funny. This morning we did the Wemmick's for chapel. I love being on stage so I can watch all the kids' faces while we sing.


It was too cold to go on a mud hike or to the lake this morning so we improvised and checked off another item on the CILT's bucket list. We hiked to the South Pasture and built a giant fort.


Cailey is fierce.  I love Samantha Miller.


The fort ended up being pretty intense.


Great spontaneous teamwork.


Then these kids went into the woods to put back their rocks and Kraft and I followed them. The twenty minutes that followed we're twenty of the funniest minutes I've had thus far with this group of kids. Making wishes throwing rocks, playing in a creek, climbing mountains, acting like a beaver/monkey/child, and not being a rotten egg was real fun.


I love Mcs. She makes me laugh REALLY hard and she can make anything fun.


I love all of these girls and I love that Emma, in the middle, might be one of my students come August. We're crossing our fingers.


One of my favorite before lunch activities is gymnastics time. Maddie from Catawba taught us how to do cartwheels and back tucks. Eric was really good at the routine. I tried. But sometimes gymnastics intimidates me so I have to retreat to the safety of standing behind my camera.


And then I got to see Ei and Annie. I love that they stayed for lifeguard training this week so I could see them all the time and laugh with them during lunch.


After lunch I got to go on an adventure hike with the chicks of Chickasaw. I love Brave girls and Emily and Mary and Claire and Cailey and skits by 9-year-olds and legends about the Wolves' Den and walking with buddies. Really quality day.

No comments:

Post a Comment