Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm staying up late to train for camp.

Highs of the day:

1. I got a second caricature! Emily is one of the girls taking 8th grade art and she delivered hers today. She was my student last year and is also a Tecumseh kid. She made me tan because I'm tan in the summer.


2. Letters and cards from students.
3. I got flowers from one of the bible study moms and her daughter-  I was shocked.


4. Molls is both a rockstar and done with school so she brought me lunch. We ate Panera in my classroom and she even stopped to get Diet Coke and potato chips. Told ya, rockstar.



5. Talking with Libby after school about life.
6. Playing with Coll and Racher. We found Tahitian Treat! This is a very, very big deal. You can't just find it anywhere. We stocked up.


7. Maddie graduated from 8th grade tonight. All of her family and friends came to her graduation party and we spread out through the house and onto the front porch. 
8. CILT sign-ups for 2012 opened today. A group of girls drove to camp to sign up because they were so excited. I love when people love camp this much.


Lows:

1. My classroom is being renovated over the summer so I have to take down most of the stuff in my room. It just looks really sad in there. Normally it's super fun.


2. As I was sitting on the porch I started thinking about how I can't do that again for months. I really love my life here and I really love all of these people. Part of me really isn't ready to leave this yet.

3. A lot of my friends are going through rough stuff right now and it's hard to hear all of them so sad/hopeless/frustrated/scared.

Anticipation:
1. A great surprise tomorrow morning.
2. The last FBC of the year.
3. My last night being roommates with Sar.
4. The last day of school is soon.
5. Camp is SO soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment