Monday, October 9, 2017

"I just made a u-turn. I'm on my way."

Today felt like a marathon. Coming back from Camp T week and jumping back into regular routines is no joke. Got to school an hour early to start grading, taught class, graded more because the 9 weeks is over today, made google feedback forms for 7th graders and counselors, started revising the packet with Cassidy, went to a PLC meeting after school, met with 7 different families in conferences till 6:30, drove to YL leadership...

And then I almost cried because tonight we had Olive Garden. Joy runneth over. 


Though our leadership force wasn't strong tonight, the kids were there like we were handing out free camp trips to Malibu. There were over 90 HS guys and girls in the barn tonight-- there is something happening here that they don't want to miss out on.


To get away from the noise, my group went out into the garage tonight and made a circle by sitting on chairs and lawnmowers and buckets and stools. It smelled a bit like gasoline and we had some bugs show up, but it was perfect. I told the girls about the years I spent in Carmel Campaigners in an unfinished basement room that became our home. I love these girls and am so impressed with who they're becoming. They have grown so much in recent years and they've got such potential in Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment