Sunday, October 1, 2017

"I want to be this type of woman too; I want to create room for everyone I meet. Because good things only grow, not diminish, when we share them."

Every Fall, YL leaders from Indiana and Kentucky gather together for the YL Summit. We spend 24 hours together learning, laughing and building community. This year HSE brought a WL gang-- Caitlin, Cassidy, Gidget, Megan, Justin and Ryan. 


One of my favorite parts of the weekend is getting to spend time with friends from other areas. I got to play with Smelko from Carmel, Ava and Emily from Noblesville, Kegley came up with Bloomington and on Sunday I even got to see Allison Williams.


This year there was a YL t-shirt sale, just $2 a shirt, to help Hurricane victims and over $1000 was raised. 


At the end of our free time in the afternoon my friends twisted my arm, despite my delaying-tactics, and we jumped off of the trapeze swing into the lake. Cass, Kegley and Justin were right-- it was totally worth it.



We had 3 Clubs, watched Cassidy dominate in a challenge upfront, heard from a handful of speakers, played a wild game of Spoons and just got to be together for a whole day. I'm so thankful for this crew.


I headed up to Tecumseh Sunday night for field trip set up but made a pit stop at Purdue first. I was so excited to go to dinner with Erin and hear all about college and Phi Mu and Purdue and friends and family and church and everything else. Erin and I have been in each other's lives for seven years now and it's strange not seeing her a couple times each week. I'm so proud of who she's becoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment