Monday, October 23, 2017

"You make the party so much better and spice it up a little."

"All I want in life is for when I go for God to say, "Well done good and faithful servant. You tried so hard and I was jumping up and down for you the whole time. I have been so proud of you."' - Aarti Sequeira

I'm thankful for girls who are so proud of their bibles and carry them around like the treasures that they are.



I'm thankful for freshmen girls who feel at home here at the barn on Monday nights and say that this is the best part of their week. 



I'm thankful for connections between kids and leaders. These friendships that have been built over time via shared experiences, real conversations and the act of showing up.


I'm thankful that it's a part of our culture to sing together. We look forward to lifting our voices and singing with gusto.


I'm thankful for back row boys who keep showing up in this space-- these young men who are growing up to be Godly men who love the Lord. I'm thankful for the adult men who are pouring into them.


I'm thankful for stories of transformation, of God at work, in the lives of our friends. I've known Chloe since she was a 7th grader and feel so honored that I've been able to walk with her through so many seasons of her life. Tonight I loved getting to sit and listen to her share her story with this crowd.


I'm thankful for girls like Cass and Maddie and Mal and Wash who are like family to me-- the "puppies" as Shauna Niequist would call them-- who have knit themselves into my heart and my life.



I'm so thankful we get to be part of something bigger than ourselves, something focused outwards, something that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment