Thursday, October 26, 2017

"It's from the permanent store."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE! Today's pre-school birthday party is brought to you by IHOP pancakes with all the syrup, birthday candles and fun you can imagine. 


The birthday gang included an 8th grader, Freshmen, Sophomore, Juniors, a Senior and two adults-- she's got quite the age range of friends. Maddie is easy to celebrate because she loves her people so well and makes the rest of us feel special all year long.


Cass and I spent some cadet teaching time coloring this afternoon-- these birthdays have me back to my old coloring ways and I kind of love it.


FBC was hopping this afternoon. Due to popular demand, we played Backpack Races and the room was five levels of chaos.


Our new friend Mekailah came to FBC for the first time and made friends all over the place. I was thrilled when Hools showed up, she's back from Bama, and surprised me with my favorite vanilla latte.


It turned into Unofficial Alumni Day at FBC when I got to hang out with Gidget, Katie, Maddie the Birthday Girl, Soph and Hools. I still vividly remember when all of these girls were in Junior High themselves and I'm thrilled that I still get to be friends with them all. 


I got to hang out with Maddie and her family, one of my favorites, again after school for her birthday dinner. We went to Mama Carolla's in Broad Ripple and it was phenomenal. We finished off the night with birthday cake and singing to Madeline one more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment