Monday, February 5, 2018

"I'd have peace if I found a girlfriend. I mean, it would be nice."


Mondays are for Young Life. We've got a beautiful rhythm these days of kids showing up who represent so many different groups of friends and types of kids. Leaders had a conversation tonight about the culture and sub-cultures of Fishers. We talked about the make-up of this community and then how we're not yet representing all of those groups in our YL club... and how we can be intentional about making sure that happens. It was challenging and eye-opening and thought-provoking. It was a conversation that we'll continue to have dialogue about. 


I'm so thankful for the few but mighty Seniors who continue to show up week after and week, year after year. They are leaving a legacy of dependability and commitment and growth over time. I'm proud to know them and proud to call them my friends.


p.s. Check out Ryan using Portrait mode that he just discovered-- he's really into it.


Tonight in our Fruit of the Spirit series we talked about Peace. It's something we crave, something we need, something that is often in short supply around us.

Some of the responses I heard tonight from girls about where they find peace...
-watching the sun set over the water
-being in nature totally by myself
-in my music room playing and singing at the top of my lungs
-falling asleep at night
-any time I don't have my phone
-being in a room full of my family


My hope is that we'll always know that true peace is found in Christ-- that He doesn't just give us peace, but we realize that He is peace. I pray that we'll be intentional about living a life where we seek that out and where we bring peace to others.
"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

No comments:

Post a Comment