Thursday, February 8, 2018

"It's going to be your last birthday as a single lady and your last birthday as a Wright and your last birthday with a wedding band. It's your Reggie Miller year!!!!"

Highs of the Day:
Breakfast with Justin and Maddie
Library Day for 8th grade!!!
Where I'm From poems in 7th grade
My first official YL staff meeting and getting to see Smelko, Abby and Christina
Baby-sitting dinner with Maddie at Steak n' Shake
Maddie's 2nd Sleepover/Bday Eve Sleepover with Smelko/Grey's Anatomy and hair braiding
New DC staff got phone calls that they're hired for summer 2018


Where I'm From- Inspired by George Ella Lyon
I am from copies of the leader sheet, dusty Chacos and worn friendship bracelets
I am from the Barn (gigantic, bright red, it felt like home)
I am from the crunchy gravel road, the giant red rocks we perch on while we sing until the sun sets behind the trees
I am from Pits weekend at Timberwolf and making Bibles cool again, from Gidget and Fudge
I am from the highs-and-lows and clap-after-amen
From "You were made for this" and "Is there food upstairs?"
I'm from Club talks and cabin time circles, from early morning bible studies over coffee and 20 minutes of solo time under the summer sky
I'm from Wilderness Ranch and Sharp Top Cove, Big Cookie and dinners from Washburn's crock pot
From asking about Straight No Chaser and when we peaked at Goose Lake
In my journal is a collection of love tank letters, cabin rosters and Campaigner lessons-- a written time capsule of the conversations that shaped us and the people who became my family

No comments:

Post a Comment