Thursday, February 22, 2018

"Let go of your idealism and find your best friend, the person always willing to meet you half way, marry them, and make those dreams happen together."

"What should we award Gold Medals for?" said the letter board today. These friends had some brilliant ideas of new Olympic events. 





My birthday may have been over a week ago, but tonight was my birthday date with Justin. He took me to the Meridian Restaurant which I've been wanting to go to forever. You can see the mint green house from the street but I'd never been inside.


The dark wood room was lit by candles-- we're all about the atmosphere. 


But oh man, the food-- ONE OF THE BEST MEALS EVER. Brussel salad with warm manchego cheese...


Smoked corn soup with red pepper and bacon...


Balsamic rack of lamb with feta potatoes and balsamic brussel sprouts...


And then after all of that goodness they surprised me with chocolate mouse for a birthday surprise dessert.

It was the most fun night. I would always choose special experiences in new places like this over getting a tangible gift. The things we get to do with the people we love are the things I want to hang onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment