Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To be loved, be lovable.

Thank goodness college starts weeks after the rest of the educational world in August. This means that for a few weeks I can see these Young Life girls before they head off to Holland, Bloomington, and Dayton.



Susan, Allison, Taylor, and Dom were such a huge part of my first year here and it'll be so strange to not see them all the time. So I'm thankful that I got to eat dinner with Suz and Al yesterday. I'm thankful they wanted to come help me make posters in my classroom today and that when they got there Taylor popped out from behind a car to surprise me. I'm thankful that they know how to be great friends that take care of each other and have good fun and live for life. I'm thankful for them.



The reunions continued...


I was beyond thrilled to see these girls. They were some of the main characters of my summer and have helped shape who I am. I love them for their joy and laughter and kindness and faith and love. Yes, these have all those great things in heaps and mounds.



They like to sit and talk in circles about life in grass, even if the only grass around is in the middle of a round-a-bout.
They sing their CILT cheers everywhere they go.
They help each other be better people.
They can pray popcorn or one-word style.
While still at camp Annie and I talked about how Tecumseh taught us to really love others and be loved in friendship and community like God designed. How convenient that idea was put on a fortune for us to find.



Tonight we one word prayed:
fulfilled
blessed
heaven
hyper
deep breath
incredible
bittersweet
overlapping
exuberant

No comments:

Post a Comment