Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday


Saturday I didn't really see anyone. I slept a wonderful amount and collaged and wrote letters and watched TLC which inspired me to bake cupcakes and ran for awhile and facebooked a lot of camp videos. All of those are really fun things that I like to do but Saturday just wasn't as good as Sunday.


Sunday I saw a lot of people I love and it was wonderful.

I got to eat breakfast with Racher. I miss the routine of seeing her everyday and knowing that she's only a cabin away. She knows who I am and loves me unconditionally. She gives so much of her energy and time to her friends. I loved that for at least an hour today we got to eat bagels and talk about life- the good and the bad.

I met with my friend Alli for lunch. She is a Junior at a Catholic HS and I loved talking to her about her faith and how it's changed as she has grown up and how her family and school and camp have all made an impact. Alli is so self-aware and articulate. This talk reminded me of the talks we had this summer at camp. I love hearing her perspective on things.

The girls from Sarah's Young Life cabin this summer came over this afternoon to hang out.

These girls are loud and funny and figuring out who they are and fun and I'm always impressed by how much Sarah loves them everyday for who they are and by being a dependable part of their lives.

Usually I don't like technology because I think it gets in the way of real life but I think Skype is a great invention. Today I got to Skype with my friend Annie.

This girl is someone everyone needs to meet. She was just asked to be a Young Life student leader in her area. She decided to do it about a week ago and told me, "It's a big time commitment but I think it's the next step. I can't do sports but I can lead people to God." Annie used to be really involved with sports but because of an ACL surgery her life has changed and I know that God has great plans for her. At church tonight we sang that we would have "selfless faith." I think Annie's life is a picture of that.

I went to Common Ground with my friend Sarah and Molly and Colleen met us there.
The sermon tonight was the WHY behind everything we do at church. The bottom line to everything was that, "we gather corporately to meet with a God who is eager to meet with us." Whether that's in a pew on Sunday morning, over coffee at Starbucks, praying over dinner, singing at chapel, meeting for Campaigners, or sitting in a circle at devotions it matters that we're encouraging one another to come to this God that wants to meet with us.

A wise friend once told me that you need only to surround yourself with people that help you be the best version of yourself and that you can do the same for them. I hope that you are finding those people in your life.

2 comments:

  1. I want that tree picture! How did you make that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made all the stripes in the background individually. I used a hair dryer to speed up the painting process. The leaves of the tree are scrapbooking paper I modge podged onto the canvas. You could do it Kate!

    ReplyDelete