Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"It's your last Tuesday in Junior High EVER."

While many of you are on summer vacation at this point I am still happily waking up at 6 am and going to work to mold young minds. We have three more days of school, one meeting of the FBC, one special surprise, one awards ceremony, one more bible study, and several good-byes. The end is so bittersweet isn't it? Come Friday the eighth grade girls will be crying in the hallways wishing they could do it all over again. We'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

Last week I started doing "challenges" with one of my students.  One of her tasks was to draw a caricature of me after she heard that's the eighth grade art project. Isn't this awesome?


(The thought bubble says "Miss Wright..." "Yes, you can sign out Mikaela," because she signs out everyday.") I love it.

Tonight I didn't have any plans. It was glorious. I skyped with Annie about all the things we have in common while I finished a bracelet (braceleting is an addiction at this point).

Sar and I got dinner together and we made up the lives of all the people eating in Chipotle with us. I feel like I know all of those strangers so well now.

Back at home I dove into the long process of getting ready for camp. I couldn't handle all the facebook statuses like, "CAMP JUST GET HERE ALREADY, I'M SOOOO ANTSY PANTSY" anymore and had to join in the packing.


Many hours, a trash bag, two hours of the Bachelorette, and a much lighter room later I feel like I've made significant progress. Talking to Sarah Mooney, Emily, and Annie just makes me ready to get started. I'm really, really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment