Wednesday, January 24, 2018

"I just did 50 squats while I was in the shower. It actually helped me dry off. And now my legs burn."

I listened to Oprah's interview with Rob Bell on her Super Soul podcast today. I was reminded of how much I loved hearing from him weekly in college while I attended Mars Hill Church in MI where he was the pastor at the time. I love this metaphor.

Oprah: "Who is God?"
Rob: "Like a song you hear in another room and you think, 'That sounds beautiful, but I can only hear a little bit.' So you start opening doors and rearranging furniture cause you have to get in that room to hear that song. And when you get in you turn the knobs all the way to the right cause you're like, 'I've got to hear more of that.' And then you open the windows cause you want the people in the next houses to hear it too.'"

Tuesday was grand. Started the morning early with Mads, Cass, bagels and a Campaigner's lesson. Got two prep periods because 8th graders were touring the HS 4th period. Cass brought me a vanilla latte in the afternoon. Took myself on a date after school to see Forever My Girl and it had all the elements of a chick flick you could want.


Wednesday started with a surprise delay which turned into a surprise snow day. I slept in, finished the book I've been reading while drinking coffee and then got to have a week day adventure with Justin. We got Chipotle for lunch with Christmas gift cards and then he took me to Top Golf for my first time.


No school means no Wyld Life so Campaigner's didn't end up happening. Instead, my HS leaders and I invited all the 7th grade girls who are usually in our group from the Clubhouse to hang out at Chik-Fil-A instead. Meric brought extra cupcakes from Gigi's, Maddie sold $185 worth of choker necklaces for JP who is raising money for Wilderness, we discussed our snow days, Tatum and Grace thrived in the playground and realized that this felt like when you stop for food on the way to WL camp. I'm a huge fan of these people.






No comments:

Post a Comment