Monday, January 15, 2018

"My mom made out with the Bachelor's dad."

I feel like we just got Winter Break round two over here. Friday was a snow day and Monday was already cancelled because of MLK Day-- four whole days off in a row. It was magical. 

The whole weekend was filled with sleeping in, good books, "less stuff", trips to the gym, friends and good food. All my favorite things. There were a couple new/exciting things that stood out:

Justin and I have a new goal of cooking recipes that are new to both of us. Friday night we took a trip to the grocery and then made our own shrimp etoufee and cajun garlic bread. It took a long time to make, but it was delicious. 


Saturday morning I picked up Cass, Mal, Katie and Cami for a donut adventure to Krenolie's in Noblesville. 10/10 would recommend.


Monday morning Justin and I had a breakfast date at Yolk, a breakfast spot downtown that neither of us had ever been to. Oh. My. Goodness. The best french toast I've ever had-- challah bread, greek yogurt, berries, granola and honey.


Justin and I took his nephew Nick and his friend Noah to Zip City on the South Side-- zip lines, climbing wall, trampolines, laser tag and inflatables all in one place. It was pretty awesome.

No school means no Young Life, so we hung out with some YL girls instead. A handful of us got burgers and fries before having our own Campaigner's circle with a couple more friends. We had friends from all four grades and I'm so thankful for how they've gotten to know one another, stepped outside of their "friend groups" this year and been willing to be real with people. 


Thanks to multiple conversations this weekend with friends, these words are ringing true and giving us some direction and hope. I'm thankful for how we can spur one another on to growth rather than staying stuck where we are.




Honorary Mention Blog Titles:
"I dropped my lunch box in the toilet. And then when I opened it at lunch, water gushed out."

"Work said I didn't need to come in today so I ate a handful of chocolate chips and I'm going to clean and then apply for jobs."

No comments:

Post a Comment