Monday, April 15, 2013

"Today was really mutual."

It was a good Monday. A fresh start. I like seeing my students on Monday, writing and reading, visiting 8th grade girls at lunch, hanging out with kids and Mr. Hodgin in the hallway. This school really is a great place to be.
 
I ran in the rain today and it reminded me of so many summer runs at camp with Sarah Scott back in the day and one particular run in a torrential downpour that I'll never forget.
 
Our Young Life team ate a feast of Olive Garden around our giant table tonight. I'm so thankful for this Monday night family--these people I didn't even know a year ago. I got to blow bubbles with Haley and the rest of the kids outside in the driveway. I think blowing bubbles is one of those totally unnecessary things in life that's just good for the soul.
 

We sang in the driveway again tonight, there's something you just can't beat about being outside in the Spring. Everyone is loving Chris Tomlin's Whom Shall I Fear right now.

I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies is always by my side
The one who reigns forever, he is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies is always by my side



I may be away from camp t but we're still having devotions every Monday night in the basement of this house. We're circling up with these girls, sharing our highs and low, talking about Jesus, getting off topic, talking about Jesus again and praying together. This was a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment