Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"But don't you feel them breathing on you?" "Yeah-- I LOVE it."

I am not an animal person.

I'm sorry if that upsets you. It's just the truth. 

What I lack in love for animals I make up for in love for humans. I'm totally a people person.

So I found myself in an interesting situation today as I volunteered to house/animal sit for KCraig's family in the house they're currently borrowing with that family's pets (it's not as confusing as it sounds). Ben, Molly (the dogs) and the cat are all very well behaved, house trained, adorable animals. I'm just not the kind of person who wants to pet them all day long. But, good for the pets and for me, I know someone who would love nothing more than to play with animals all day long.

Megan Cook showed up and proceeded to pet the dogs and the cat for the next hour. They were all in 7th heaven. Win-win for everyone. 


You know how kids have security blankets? As a grown up I have my own version of a security blanket-- pepperoni pizza and friendship bracelet string. Maybe a can of Diet Coke too. Tonight I got to fulfill that part of my soul and oh goodness it was beautiful. 


 p.s. We figured out today that this year Varsity FBC has given away 96 bracelets. Isn't that amazing?! We've got two projects left this school year and they're going to be awesome. Let me know if you want to help us out and contribute a bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment