Tuesday, April 19, 2016

"It was at least a liter. And I have to measure the intake and outtake-- we have to keep track of everything!"

"What song do you want to sing tonight Chloe? Your pick." Before we left the Upper Room leadership, Ryan asked a few kids which songs they wanted to hear tonight. They're in this with us because they're why we're here. If the kids aren't involved--what's the point?


“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.  “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:22-24


"I'm so excited for Love Tanks next week. I'm telling all my friends to come." I love that we have a reputation with kids. They know they're loved here unconditionally by leaders. No matter what is going on at school or at home, this is a safe place. This is something they want their friends to be part of. They want to do this together.


"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Let's go outside." Our Campaigners circle sat on the front porch of the barn. After 15 minutes one of the girls got up to squirt bug spray. That smell immediately transported me to Friday nights in the summer, getting ready to walk to Closing Campfire with my cabin. There's something so special about life shared together like this--talking about important stuff, staying outside as the sun goes down and it starts to get dark, making this faith and this community a priority.


“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6: 19-21


Honorable Mention Blog Title:
"I wish TLC would make a reality show about your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment