"The decision to be positive is not one that disregards or belittles the sadness that exists. It is rather a concious choice to focus on the good and to cultivate happiness, geuine happiness. Happiness is not a limited resource. We do have the power to tap into our own happiness and when you apply that, you can increase your happiness during things that are difficult." - Chris Aiff
Highs of the day:
1. My students were rockstars and really fun during class today. I'm still pumped about this new semester.
2. Lunches are all mixed up because of testing so there were some new faces when I walked around during B lunch.
3. No Pants Wednesday is a party.
4. I hung out with Rachel, Hope and Katy after school-- one of our favorite weekly routines. They're weird and smart and goofy and creative and I just love them.
5. In El Rodeo a mom brought over her 5-year-old daughter to look at the friendship bracelet I was working on. The little girl, Mia was shy, but her mom told us about how she's an expert finger-knitter and has made scarves for everyone they know and all of her stuffed animals. I showed Mia a potholder headband and she's going to start making those next. I told her someday when she grows up she can be in the FBC with me.
6. I got a letter in the mail from the one and only Carolyn O'Neil. The child is incredible and something of a camp T legend. She's been making the world more awesome her whole life.
7. The anticipation for tomorrow--our FBC yearbook photo, the YL spirit jerseys should be coming in and a new Kid President video.
8. Snapchats from Julia, Brookie, Odle and Sophie keep me entertained.
9. We found out early that we have a two hour delay tomorrow so I could keep watching Netflix without worrying about being tired tomorrow.
10. Reminders that God is good and that God has a plan for each one of us, even when things seem so messed up. We keep holding on, keep praying and keep taking care of each other. Living life with our God gives me hope for all of us.