Monday, December 29, 2014

"I decided today that when my friends' children come over, I'll feed them chocolate chips and let them jump on the furniture."

Last minute planning led to a lunch date with Claire Neterer, Ricki, and Jenna this afternoon. Basically, I got to hang out with an incredible trio of quirky, funny, loud, kind people. I love when life overlaps with these friends especially when we get the very last Paradise cookies ever baked. 


This afternoon I met up with a grand crew of homies to see the new Annie movie. I've been dying to see it since I saw the preview and knew all these girls would be all about the stepping and singing and dancing.


Let me tell you-- this movie did not disappoint. All remakes do not turn out well but this one is phenomenal. I wish I could learn all the choreography of Annie and the other foster girls as they sing Hard Knock Life and clean up the apartment. I love when Grace and Stacks fall in love, how adorable Annie is and seeing Cameron Diaz as Miss Hannigan. We couldn't help but to dance in our seats. 



This crew of girls is fantastic. The movie inspired me to run an orphanage one day, except mine would be more fun than Miss Hannigan's of course. If I had a crew of kids like this it would be living the dream. For now, I'm perfectly content to be their YL leader, FBC teacher and friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment