Sunday, December 28, 2014

"I sing along to Blank Space far too aggressively for someone who has a nonexistent list of ex-lovers."

I made it back to Fishers just in time to meet up with Wyld Life leaders at the barn for a mini-retreat. I love that KCraig put together this whole day for adult and HS leaders to connect and recharge. The first thing we did was a prayer walk around the barn with 7 different stations. This "Chapters of our Lives" spot was one of my favorite ones.


We had a Bagel Bite appetizer to our pizza dinner, feasted on cake for Connnor's pre-birthday, we reunited with Hannah and Riley, hung out in the Upper Room and had two deep conversation sessions and just laughed a lot cause that's what we do. I love this team.


I made it to Northview Sunday morning and was happy to be back singing and learning in that space. Then I got to spend the whole afternoon with Brookie which was perfect because we haven't seen each other since October and her birthday is tomorrow! We went to Steak n' Shake of course, ran errands, found Graeter's ice-cream, looked at animals in a Pet Store and ran into Lilly Fair at the mall. I'm such a fan of Brookie and never get tired of spending time with her. Her resilient joy, spontaneity, positivity and honesty are all things I love so much about her.


Now that my Tecumseh stockpile is completed for next summer, I'm making bracelets for people in HSE and Young Life for the rest of the year. It's fun to give them to friends but I think the best recipients are the people that don't expect them at all. I can't wait to just hand them out all semester, or as quickly as I can make them.


No comments:

Post a Comment