Thursday, December 4, 2014

"VICTORIAN ERA HYPE!"

I met early this morning with the bible study girls since we have a DC meeting this Friday. I'm thankful for mornings with them as we talk about Shauna's wise words, read bible verses together and talk about how it all applies to our own lives. These girls are some pretty fantastic people. 


Friendship Bracelet Club was hilarious this afternoon. We started with some Christmas themed trivia after school and tested our knowledge of Christmas carols and Christmas movies. Once we started making bracelets though we got distracted by other things going on. I had a set of 3-7th grade boys and a group of 3-8th grade girls each working on their push-up-three-man-weave which required them to do jumping push ups over their friend and then rolling on their next turn. Some girls made a human table and two of the boys figured out how to make a two man wheel. It was phenomenal.


This time with these junior high kids is always one of my favorite parts of the whole week. I'm thankful for kids like Reece, Maggie, Rachel, Abby, Grace, Hannah and Teia that just laugh and giggle and play the whole time.


Tonight I had the honor of accompanying the 8th grade choir as a chaperone to the HS Holiday Show. It was a sold out show and I was lucky to get a seat in the audience. I was eager to go because so many YL kids and past students were part of the show.


I even got to sneak back stage and ran into Hannah, Courtney and Cassidy as they were getting ready to perform. While all the singers were walking in the school I also got to see Es, Abby Martin, Natty and Isa, Hannah Shank, Audrey Davis, Alyssa, James Conaway, Josh Kroll and more. I had to squint to pick them out on stage admist all of the sequins and glitter.



All of the groups did a phenomenal job and I got to listen to some of the most beautiful renditions of Christmas Carols. I was especially impressed with all of their fancy footwork and facial expressions.


I sat at the top of the auditorium with the choir but lucky me, Cami, Julia, Brooke and Rachel sat right in front of me with Mrs. Washburn. When the show was all finished up we even got some Christmas cookies and hot chocolate as we walked out the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment