Monday, December 1, 2014

"The awkward and the weird is like so good."

It's baby season for a lot of people in my life which is very exciting lately. Ryan and Lauren's daughter Olivia is a few months old now just like Mike and Mel's daughter Lucy at Tecumseh. Ryan and Abby had baby Lucy on Thanksgiving last week. Renee and Joel will be welcoming home their baby in the very new future. I'm so excited about these kids and that I'll get watch most of them grow up. 


After a semester of "taste and see" for our HS Wyld Life leaders-in-training this is the week of one on one conversations to see who will become leaders. KCraig wanted them to have the opportunity to try things out without being fully committed so they could see if this was something they really wanted to do. We gave them responsibilities, expectations and leadership roles that they could take advantage of in the past few months if they wanted to. Now the time has come to talk about their experience and what they see the future looking like.

Adult leaders are invited to be part of the conversation with these High School kids so I'm going to as many of them as I can this week. I want to know their hearts and hear what they each have to say. This afternoon I get to sit in on talks with Hannah Huston and Katie Beegle. I love these girls and am so excited for them to officially be on this team.

Tonight was a Young Life Campaigners night out at the barn--my favorite. We did some individual prayer time before we gathered back up to sing together. I'm thankful for a team that mixes things up, that challenges one another and continually points kids back to Christ.


The SSS gang (Seniors, Sophomores and Sarah) gathered in the cubby room to talk about thanksgiving and living lives of worship. I'm thankful every week for the community and friendship that's developed in this space. It's a time where we get to question and challenge each other and our faith. This is a place for laughter and truth and the freedom to be.


We're already anticipating writing love tank notes to one another next week at the last Campaigners of the semester. I get so excited because it's so easy to think of reasons these girls are fantastic and all the gifts and talents that God has given them. I'm lucky to have this part in their lives.


Tonight I'm thankful for hug attacks when friends arrive, Karl the Cool Dragon's radiating joy, Haleigh's favorite moments from Mexico, Hannah's laughter, Natty's Cherry Pit forts, seeing Sophomores and Seniors build bridges, singing together and sharing dinner with a full table of leaders.


These last few pictures are beauties of raw emotion-- I love a really good candid picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment