Sunday, December 14, 2014

This Weekend's Letters

Dear FBC crew 2014,
Way to represent the pink and FBC monogram all across HSJH and the midwest today. I love that boys like Brendan and Mason are proud to wear their shirts. It's so fun to see FBC friends like Hallie and Lexie that are far away wearing theirs too. 


Cami and Cecilia,
Thanks for making school fun. Cecilia I love that you're so excited about your wooden nametag and that you love the "Old Hag" side even better than the "Cecilia" one. Cami thanks for saying hi and being excited every single time we see each other. You make school even better for me.


Dear Caroline, Julia, Olivia and Hannah,
Our 2nd Annual Chipotle and Christmas lights tradition is one of my more recent favorites. I never get tired of hearing Caroline's stories or questions or thoughts on life and studying. It's refreshing to hang out with a group of girls that really just loves one another and is so kind to each other. Thanks for wanting to do things like watch the coolest Christmas lights in Fishers, sing along to old songs by reading the lyrics off your phones and searching for craft supplies in Wal-Mart.

Dear Grace, Katy and the rest of the Crew,
Watching the Best Buddies Volleyball Game on Saturday morning was one of the coolest things I saw all weekend. Gen Ed students playing alongside their Best Buddies and cheering each other on was phenomenal to say the least. The room was full of positivity and encouragement. Thank you for spending your time investing in something that really matters.

Dear YL Team,
I loved our time together as leaders on Saturday. It's been a reflective time around here lately and I'm glad that includes an afternoon with just this group. I love hearing how you're each seeing God in action and connecting with different people in our YL family. It takes a village and we can have such a greater impact when we work alongside one another.

Dear Sarah and Ben,
OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOUR NEW HOUSE! Everything is really changing. Sar I still remember the first time I visited you in Chicago and now I won't forget this first to Champaign either. I have such a good feeling about this. I think God has prepared a way for you here and I'm excited for you to jump into community and work with these people, to meet new kids and love these leaders. I have so much faith in both of you. Thank you for being two of my favorite people.

Dear Hannah and Cass,
I didn't plan on being a leader for Seniors in YL this year, but getting to walk along side the two of you has been one of the greatest parts. Thanks for making time to hang out right before Finals. I love getting to talk with the two of you, hear your hearts, have you explain things like LNMs, ask hard questions and just be together. You're both incredible. I really will miss you more than you know when you graduate in a semester. Love you long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment