Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"She climbed under the bush to find the bunny and when she came up for air she had blood on her arm but she just wiped it off like it was no big deal. That's when I knew she was awesome."

It's Character Day at HSJH today and the halls are filled with superheros, Pikachu and Luke Skywalker. But Cecilia and I decided that Camp Tecumseh counselors are characters too so we wore our wooden nametags, pony braids and I found my blue staff polo and Noonway sweatpants. 


Tonight I got to sit and talk with Taylor Porter and Allison Stamer  Williams for over two hours. I can't even explain how wonderful I think these two women are. They were some of my first Young Life girls in Carmel and the two that I've stayed in touch with the longest.


Taylor and Allison have taught me so much about what it means to live life to the full, to love your friends well, to see adventure, to go deep with Christ, to choose joy. They're the kind of people I want to be like when I grow up. When I give examples during Campaigners or devotions about the kind of people we should strive I often tell a story about one of these girls.


These days Allison is married to a fantastic guy, studying hard in dental school and loving chopping things in the kitchen. Taylor is nannying a little girl named Meredith that she loves, choosing to live in the present and planning an incredible adventure in Europe for next semester. I'm so thankful for these two and their long (distance and time) friendship. There are few people quite as alive as them.


No comments:

Post a Comment