Monday, September 19, 2016

"Dinner at 9:20 #momoftheyear"

Common to popular opinion, Mondays are arguable the best day of the week. They start at the Clubhouse at 6:45 with some of the greatest gal pals you'll ever meet. We're reading The Purpose Driven Life together. I've been a Christian for my whole life but I'm learning so much and being reminded of truths that I should never forget. 


Today I repped Varsity FBC with my girls Brookie and Claire. Did you know that Varsity FBC works on a different project every month? We're making bracelets for orphans in Haiti during September that Tori will deliver over Fall Break. I'm working on the design for FBC shirts and will unveil it next month.


Monday nights are for Young Life at the barn. I love this routine of my week-- hanging out with leaders first, coming downstairs and greeting kids. Hugging friends as they arrive to the porch. Hearing about everyone's day. Seeing friends show up together for the first time.



We sing together, outside as often as possible, and start off by reminding ourselves off all the truth packed in the lyrics. Tonight I loved how Ruby, Max, Muntch and Henry opted for chairs in the driveway.


The Purpose Driven Life has a lot to say about friendships and community. "Relationships take time. God calls us to develop the habit of meeting together. Fellowship requires commitment." Erin, Olivia, Sydni, Kaylee, Cassidy and Kegs are girls that have been intentional about showing up and meeting together. They're making Young Life, Campaigners and these friendships a priority.


"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25 


Tonight I had a flashback to Wilderness when Alaina and Hannah encouraged us to keep meeting together-- no matter how many or how few people showed up. This is important stuff. We need to be here for each other. I think God wants the same for our relationship with him-- keep meeting together more and more as time goes on. This is how we grow and become more like Christ. 

My life is richer because I get to spend it with friends like Erin, Cass, Kegs, Olivia, Sydni, Mary, Kaylee, JP and Anna. It's a privilege to get to show up on Monday nights and the rest of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment