Sunday, September 25, 2016

"They asked me if I'd like to drive Bob Goff to the airport after his talk..."

There's something pretty awesome going on in my classroom Friday mornings-- Caitlyn Tyner, a Wyld Life leader, is starting a 7th grade girls bible study. I'm thrilled that these girls will get to engage together, grow in friendships and know God more. 


Fitzie sent me a picture of this sign from a NYC park this weekend. I'm obsessed. This is the good stuff.


This Saturday I drove South with a crew of HSE YL friends to the YL Summit-- the annual gathering of IN and KY Young Life leaders. It's one of my favorite weekends full of good people talking about important stuff.


Ryan got to dress up like a Viking, Samone got to feed Kathryn Skittles with her toes...


I got to spend a lot of time hanging out with Katie Smelko and the rest of the Carmel Dream Team...


People think I'm addicted to friendship bracelets (which is probably true) but this is impressive: Katie brought a coffee bean grinder, tea pot, scale and pour over to make coffee all weekend long. And her ceramic mug. 


We had heart to hearts, Club times, talks that made us think, walks around camp, a dance party and time to catch up with old friends. It was good.


I missed getting to go with all of the new rookie counselors to Tecumseh for their training day. I felt so loved when Cami sent me a selfie of the crew in front of The Wright Way. We're only a week away from the best week of  school of the year and I don't think we could be more excited. 


No comments:

Post a Comment