Tuesday, August 8, 2017

"I'm 72.3854% sure you'll be pleased with Option C. I did the math, crunched some numbers."

 I returned to Indy on Sunday afternoon-- my car was full of camp stuff and I was feeling a bit apprehensive because I always feel a bit apprehensive in transitions. But then I got upstairs to my door and found this celebration that immediately made me feel loved and known and wanted.


And only a few minutes later Kegley, Cass, Erin, Hools and Maddie showed up with giant hugs, ready to help me haul everything inside. They sat and told me all about their summers while I unpacked-- it was so good to have their company especially after being apart for so long. I love Tecumseh, but there is something so special about my people here in Fishers. 


After Justin and I were both officially moved back in we got to hang out and have our first night back in Indy which was also my last night of summer. I'm so glad that we get to be in this together.


The last few days have already been full of friends and good people.

1. I went back to school Monday and Tuesday for teacher days and was so happy to be with my teacher friends again. I love that I get to work with people who care about their job and make the Clubhouse such a fun place to be.

2. We went to coffee with Taylor Porter (one of the greatest pals ever) and her (kinda new) boyfriend Ross. On a patio by the Monon we sat and talked about life and summer and it was so good to catch up and see her face and hear her voice in real life. Even though we live across the country, I'm so glad that we will always be friends.

3. I got to have lunch with Janelle and Julia on Tuesday. We first met when she was in my classroom six years ago and now she's heading off to school at Alabama. You could write a novel about all the ways our lives have overlapped and I'm so thankful for Julia's heart and story and life. I'm so confident that having her hours away won't stop this friendship.


4. Students can come in early to practice opening their locker and checking their schedule so I was thrilled when Johnna, Morgan, Mall and Holdie walked into my classroom Tuesday afternoon. SO MANY GREAT PEOPLE ARE IN THIS TOWN. And I get Morgan in 7th period which means she's in my SOAR class BOTH semesters. We're living the dream over here.


5. Justin and I went to celebrate Nick's belated birthday with his family which involved the best chocolate chip cookies in the world, a game of horse in the driveway, pictures of Emily and Justin on the FL Keys Sailing Trip and lots of catching up on life.

6. Late Tuesday night we stopped by the Dewolf's house to say a final goodbye to Julia before she leaves for Bama. A whole gang of old YL girls were there, all about to leave for their schools, plus the Dewolf family and Mel & Maddie Halkyard.

It's a school night for everyone... see you bright and early for the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment