Wednesday, August 23, 2017

"We lost by a basket... oh wait, I mean a touchdown."

As I've been writing letters to my pen-pals lately, I've been reflecting on how the ordinary routines and rhythms of my week are my favorites. Today I got to live into two of those practices. 

Early this morning before school, I met Maddie, Cass, Line, Wash, Gidget and Maggie to read through Ephesians 2 and 3. We sat around table, coffee in hand, and took turns reading the verses aloud. We're making a routine of being in the Word and being together.

 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19


Tonight our Wyld Life family gathered at the Halkyard's house for the first Campaigners of the year. I love having a front row seat to see how this ministry has evolved, especially now as we're going into our 6th year. Tonight we had 7 of our adult leaders present, ready to serve and love on kids. There were 23 HS leaders who are full of energy, anticipation and hope for what this role will bring this year. Then we were joined by 22 Junior High kids who represented Fall Creek JH, HIJH, Fishers JH, Riverside JH, St. Simon and Horizon Christian-- they're hilarious, a little bit nervous, smart, and energetic.


I hung out with the stoop kids when we got into small groups-- a crew of girls who I really love. We talked about Jesus and weddings and miracles and what it must have been like to be a disciple. I loved getting to have Morgan be an official WL kid, getting to know Natalie more and meeting Haley and Alexia for the first time. I'm thrilled that I get to mentor Cass, Wash, Meric, Maddie and Liz this year in WL-- these girls and I have overlapped basically forever and they've got a huge chunk of my heart.


There is so much to look forward to in the future and so much to be thankful for in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment