Sunday, August 20, 2017

"What are you doing here?!"

I visited Grandma in NH a few weeks ago with my family, but this weekend was special because Justin got to meet my grandma for the first time and spend some time with her. 

Best parts of the visit to Kendal at Hanover:
-Surprising Grandma Saturday morning when Uncle J brought her out of her room, "What are you doing here?! Who is with you?!"
-Breakfasts in the cafe and starting the morning just sitting and talking together
-Looking at old pictures of Grandma and her family


-Showing Justin all the highlights of Kendal including the Attic and ping-pong at the end of the hall
-A mini Dartmouth tour, coffee at the Dirt Cowboy and a visit to all of our favorite shops on the Main Street of Hanover
-Westerns in the afternoon and getting to just be with Grandma



-Dinner in the dining room with a few of  Grandma's friends-- I love the pace of these meals and getting to sit and talk together
-Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy traditions


-A trip to Dan & Whit's and realizing that I had never fully experienced the grandeur and sheer depth of the place before
-Visiting Lui Lui's for the greatest pizza on the face of the earth and Justin seeing the grand tomato brick oven in person
-Spending time with my Uncle J who I hadn't seen in far too long


-Seeing Gram's friends like Carol Allen and Ruth Stanton
-Hearing Gram laugh, make jokes and be a bit sassy
-Sharing all of my memories of Kendal and Hanover over the past 25 years with Justin
-Spending time with Mary Keeley, the greatest Grandma of them all



Honorable Mention Blog Title:
"I have practice putting on lipstick from parking. You know, when you tell your parents you're going to the double feature at the drive in but then you only go to the first one and park the car somewhere with a boy."
"I once went to the US Open and there were all these rich folks there with alligators on their shirts."

No comments:

Post a Comment