Friday, August 4, 2017

"Week 8. Same rules. More fun."

Tecumseh has always been all about the friendships. Ask anyone why they love camp, and it won't take long before they're telling you about the friends they made here. I've been friends with this group of girls since they were Blazers and they mean so much to me. 


There are several groups of kids that I've seen grow up at Tecumseh (that'll happen when you stick around as long as I have) and I'm so thankful that I've been able to share part of my camp story with Erin, Erin, Lauren, Ella, Liv and Kendall.




So much of my history at Tecumseh has to do with the counselors I've worked with. Ellyn and I have been co-counselors for five years in Choctaw. Cailey and I have only spent one week together as partners. But the dozens of counselors I've worked with have made me laugh, gone with me on adventures, encouraged me and made me love camp even more.


I'm so thankful for nights of silliness and fun and dancing on chairs and cheering on clinic performances.



I love cabins dressing up together and not wanting their time together to come to an end just yet.


I'm such a fan of friends like Maggie and Chrissy who take the time to come back and visit camp because this place has been a huge part of their story-- both as a camper and a counselor. These two have huge chunks of my heart and I wouldn't be who I am today without the two of them.


I'm so thankful that Justin is back safe and sound from a summer of trips and that we got to (kinda) live this counselor dream together. And even though summer is ending, I love that we get to keep living life back in Indy and we don't have to say good-bye.


Camp Tecumseh, you are the greatest. Thank you for another one of the best summers ever. I miss you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment