Sunday, August 13, 2017

"Summer 2017-- the summer of glitter and gymp."

Highs of the weekend:
Driving back to Tecumseh with Justin for the last campfire of the summer
Seeing all my Pathfinder gal pals right away and hearing about their week 9
Taking Sophie on a Panera date for her birthday and seeing how excited she was to use her gift card and order whatever she wanted
Playing "turtles" with Tre
Staff banquet--the grand finale to summer camp


Hanging out with friends who I love so much for one last night
Banquet meals are the best-- that pasta, the rolls with cinnamon butter and that cupcake with strawberry icing


Biggest surprise of the night-- Joel recognized me for having served as a CILT counselor for the past 10 summers. It was a huge gift just to know that my work and my time are appreciated. I have loved serving in this role for roughly 1,200 CILTs and working alongside nearly 30 other CILT counselors. Developing this program, with the help of so many others, has been something I love and something I'm so proud of. 


I get to keep the frame above, but the coolest part is that this plaque will be hung in Choctaw cabin.


Meteor shower on Saturday night
Northview's sermon about loving your neighbor Sunday morning
Cheering on Nick at his soccer game
Taking time for a nap and actually falling asleep
Reading more of the Magnolia Story
SARAH AND BEN BATTAGLIA LIVE IN INDY!!! I got to help unpack boxes, assemble bookshelves, a bed and a crib


No comments:

Post a Comment