Monday, August 14, 2017

"Young Life is sick."

It's the end of an era-- this was the last time I got to have breakfast with Cass and Erin before Erin leaves for Purdue. I've had a front seat to their friendship for the past year and I love how this pair adventures together, does normal daily life together and cares for one another. Erin we miss you already. 


Today really felt like I was back to my normal routine of squeezing so much fun and so many people into just one day. I met KCraig and Johnna for dinner tonight-- this was a long over due reunion. These women inspire me in so many different ways and serve as role models as Christians, mothers, wives, mentors, truth tellers and friends. I'm better when I'm doing life regularly with them. 



 And then I got to go back to Young Life. Oh how I have missed this community, this family, this summer. I love my job as a counselor at Tecumseh but I often wish that I could be a YL leader to my CILT girls so that our lives could overlap for more than just two weeks. I don't take the friendships I've been part of here for granted-- this thing we get to be part of is so special.



It's so, so good to be back with my people. Tonight I got to sit in a circle with girls from five different grades and it was lives overlapping to the extreme aka my favorite. Investing in people and investing in your faith is always the most brilliant choice you can make.


No comments:

Post a Comment