Sunday, August 27, 2017

"We could live inside this closet."

For the first time in many months, I was home for the entire weekend. I got serious about making plans with friends and scheduling in some time to sleep and just be by myself. It was a weekend of friendships and rest and to-do lists and just so good for my soul.

Highs of the weekend:
Continuing my recently re-discovered swimming career all weekend long
Having dinner with Ellyn, Emily and Arielle-- three friends who I'm enormously grateful live in Indianapolis


Cleaning my whole apartment and finding "less stuff" all over the place to donate/throw away/give away
Meeting Sarah B for lunch at Patachou-- I get nothing less than thrilled every time I remember that the Battaglia family now lives in Indianapolis
Getting to be part of Smelko's moving crew and helping her unpack (especially those built in book shelves) in her new apartment above the Dunham's house
Tackling a to-do list with a power day and having that feeling of checking everything off


Sunday morning church with my girl Cassidy and running into the Andritsch family
Getting back in the friendship grind like I mean it-- string is cut, five bracelets got made and I'm back in business
Hanging out with Justin when he got back from the Lake and finishing out the weekend together

No comments:

Post a Comment