Thursday, September 7, 2017

"Crossover if you're fun." FBC 2017 has begun

FRIENDSHIP BRACELET CLUB IS BACK AT THE CLUBHOUSE Y'ALL! See that fantastic hecking yes sign? Molly added the "-ing" because we say hecking around here. 


Approximately 80 girls showed up for the first FBC of the year. Our reputation of being the weirdest and most fun kids around just brings all the gal pals. I'm pumped about their enthusiasm-- my returning 8th graders started an, "FBC! FBC! FBC!" chant as everyone was signing in.


You might be thinking, "80 girls all by yourself?! You're nuts."
And you would be correct.

But I've got a plan. I had all the girls stick with a friend and find two people they didn't know yet. Then all of the groups of 4 had to spread out in the auditeria and find their own table. Today we made the diagonal stripe with just 4 strings and every group had at least one person who could teach the other girls.



Watching these new 8th graders coach the other girls is just the coolest thing. I love that they can be proud of what they know how to do and that they can be patient and encouraging as their friends are learning.


Because all the groups were self-sufficient, I got to stop in with every group and learn the new girls' names. I can't promise that I have all 80 memorized, but we're well on our way. It's going to be such a solid, hecking yes year of FBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment