Wednesday, September 13, 2017

"That table is so FULL! My heart is happy."

The world has changed. The moment we've been waiting for has arrived. Nothing will ever be the same again.


CHIPOTLE HAS QUESO!!!! For years, Qdoba loyalists have argues, "But Qdoba is better because they have queso." But not anymore my friends. In the words of Chipotle themselves, "We’ve finally done it. Our Genuine Queso is not only drizzling in a Chipotle near you, it's also preservative* free, without added colors or flavors, and made with all-real, all-delicious ingredients. Boom."



Overall, I'd call it a success. It's thicker than most queso we've had before, and definitely spicy, but IT'S QUESO AT CHIPOTLE!


Tuesday night was the 2nd Camp T training night for all of the Clubhouse counselors. We are so dang excited. Everyone is looking forward to baked oatmeal, chicken round-up, cabins with friend, study groups with costumes, meals with friends, running around outside, counselor theme days, too much candy, nominations and sticker prizes, Just Dance competitions, skits and scavenger hunts. It will be the best five days of school all year.

Wednesday morning started early with the girls from Hickory reading Philippians 1 together. Thankful for these girls, that they show up and that God is showing up in their lives.


Two years ago I had the gift of having Haleigh Devoe as a cadet teacher in my classroom. Guess what-- we're back for Cadet Teaching 2.0. This time I get graced with the presence of Cassidy Ogan every single afternoon and I couldn't be more excited about it. Today was her first time visiting and I have no doubt that each day in the Clubhouse will be entertaining.


I was just casually stalking Annie F Downs some more today and once again am so inspired by her life and her perspective. On her last birthday she posted, "HOW LUCKY AM I. Does my life look like I thought it would at this birthday? Not at all. Is it actually better than I could have imagined? Am I more loved and seen and chosen than I knew was possible? Is God's dream for my life turning out better than I could have thought up, even if I don't have everything I want? YES. Happy birthday weekend to me. My cup runneth over." I want to have the wisdom and perspective and peace to hold on to that exact same attitude. Yes, yes, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment